RIFLE & PISTOL RANGE
Rifle & Pistol Range is for members only and is open from 9 am until sunset (except during public shooting hours).
The Rifle & Pistol Range will be closed from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm on the following dates for training:
- May: 7-11; 14-18; 21-25
- June: 11-14
- Wednesday, June 20
- July: 24-28; 31
- August: 20 - 24; 27 - 31
- September: 4-7; 10-14; 17-21; 24
- Wednesday, November: To Be Determined
Firearms Safety on the Rifle and Pistol Range
- When using the rifle/pistol range, ALWAYS be sure to flip up the "RANGE IN USE" sign, which is located on the entrance gate.
- Never point the muzzle of your firearm above the back stop (berm); always bring your muzzle up to the target, never down.
- NEVER handle a firearm when someone is downrange. ALL firearms must be holstered or unloaded with the muzzle pointed down range, action open, ejection port or cylinder up, and magazine removed.
- NEVER place targets above or to the side of the back stop (berm); all targets should be placed so that your round impacts the backstop (berm).
- NO exploding targets, tannerite, glass, ceramic, concrete, appliances, electronic components, or any objects that may cause ricochet or fragments or leave debris; may be used on the range.